1. Patios and walkways should be power washed and rinsed before Winter.
2. Remove leaves from ponds with a net and mix into your compost bin.
3. Wash down plastic garden furniture and stow away under cover.
4. Reduce frequency of lawn mowing and raise the height of the cut.
5. Some early maturing apples and pears can be picked now.
6. Late Summer flowering shrubs should be pruned in September.
7. Continue to dead head flowers to prolong flowering performance.
8. Pelargonium cuttings can be taken now so that they can be well rooted by the time the cold weather comes.
9. Spring flowering bulbs can be planted any time from September until November. Even if you don’t have a garden they can be planted in hanging baskets and window boxes.
10. September is a good time of year for planting evergreens and conifers as the ground is still warm but also quite moist.
Buy with confidence - 5 Year Plant Guarantee!
At Hillside, We pride ourselves on quality and choice of plants.
We therefore guarantee all our hardy nursery stock for 5 years!
If any hardy plants should fail to establish within 5 years we will replace them FREE OF CHARGE!
It’s simple – all you need to do is produce your proof of purchase and bring in plant that hasn’t established. .
This guarantee is subject to you caring for the plant in the correct way.
Extreme climatic conditions may invalidate this guarantee.
Your statutory rights are not affected or altered by this guarantee.