1. Lawn mowers and other garden machinery should be serviced now.
2. Lawn scarification should be carried out this month.
3. Prune climbing and rambling roses. Remove branches which are growing in the wrong direction and tie up unsupported growth.
4. Bush roses should be cut back to about half their height.
5. Continue this month to plant new trees, shrubs and hedges.
6. Divide large clumps of perennials and use for replanting or giving away to friends.
7. All greenhouse glass and staging should be cleaned with garden disinfectant.
8. Pot up Hyacinth bulbs in bulb fibre and store in the dark for six weeks.
9. Dig up Summer bedding displays, put them in the compost bin and clear the ground for the next display.
10. Plant out Spring cabbage plants and onion sets for early use.
Buy with confidence - 5 Year Plant Guarantee!
At Hillside, We pride ourselves on quality and choice of plants.
We therefore guarantee all our hardy nursery stock for 5 years!
If any hardy plants should fail to establish within 5 years we will replace them FREE OF CHARGE!
It’s simple – all you need to do is produce your proof of purchase and bring in plant that hasn’t established. .
This guarantee is subject to you caring for the plant in the correct way.
Extreme climatic conditions may invalidate this guarantee.
Your statutory rights are not affected or altered by this guarantee.