1 . Dead head flowering plants daily to prolong flower displays.
2. Water regularly if the weather is dry. Mulch to help preserve moisture.
3. All grass cuttings and leafy garden waste can go into a compost bin. Add a compost activator every 6 in. or so. This should be fit for use as a compost in the Autumn.
4. Spring flowering bulbs can be lifted now and stored. Place in a single layer in a cool airy place to dry. Plant Autumn flowering bulbs at the end of July.
5. Tomatoes will need feeding now with a tomato fertiliser. Steady watering is also crucial.
6. This is the start of the fruit picking season so check that plants are protected against birds.
7. Regular lawn mowing will continue in July. Do not set the mower too low if the lawn is dry.
8. Apply a light application of fertiliser to lawns. If using a granular feed apply only before rain. Alternatively use a liquid lawn feed.
9. Trim hedges towards the end of the month.
10. Check that plant supports such as stakes and netting are doing their job properly. Continue tying in new growth.
Don’t forget to sit back and enjoy your garden after all your hard work!
Buy with confidence - 5 Year Plant Guarantee!
At Hillside, We pride ourselves on quality and choice of plants.
We therefore guarantee all our hardy nursery stock for 5 years!
If any hardy plants should fail to establish within 5 years we will replace them FREE OF CHARGE!
It’s simple – all you need to do is produce your proof of purchase and bring in plant that hasn’t established. .
This guarantee is subject to you caring for the plant in the correct way.
Extreme climatic conditions may invalidate this guarantee.
Your statutory rights are not affected or altered by this guarantee.