10 Top Gardening Tips for January!
1. Dispose of your Christmas tree by shredding or recycling.
2. Wash out bird feeders and check that they are filled regularly.
Hillside Nursery stock a complete range of bird care products.
3. Rake any remaining leaves off the lawn. Avoid walking on frosted lawns
as this will cause blackening of the grass.
4. In mild weather plant roses & bare rooted shrubs & trees.
5. Fruit Trees should be winter- pruned now.
6. Brush snow off shrubs and small trees to avoid damage from weight.
7. Place over- wintered dahlia tubers in trays of lightly moistened compost
& keep in the light.
8. Start sowing cabbage and cauliflower seed towards the end of the
month. This should be done under heat.
9. Wisteria should be winter-pruned this month.
10. Plan new projects and visit the garden centre for seeds, tubers
Buy with confidence - 5 Year Plant Guarantee!
At Hillside, We pride ourselves on quality and choice of plants.
We therefore guarantee all our hardy nursery stock for 5 years!
If any hardy plants should fail to establish within 5 years we will replace them FREE OF CHARGE!
It’s simple – all you need to do is produce your proof of purchase and bring in plant that hasn’t established. .
This guarantee is subject to you caring for the plant in the correct way.
Extreme climatic conditions may invalidate this guarantee.
Your statutory rights are not affected or altered by this guarantee.