Now that the government & our NI assembly are setting out guidelines for how work & retail life will look going forward, we’d like to let you know how we’ve reorganised Hillside so that you and our staff are being protected while you are here.
Hillside Nursery Centre will reopen in line with government advice this Monday, 18th May at 9am. Thank you to everyone who has been in touch, and for your support during the lockdown - it means so much. We've been incredibly busy getting everything ready here to bring some added sparkle to your homes & gardens.
Our plant area has been restocked with new arrivals of beautiful summer bedding and much more, plus we have an array of climbers, trees, conifers, and shrubs etc..plenty of choice to bring some colour and nature to your gardens. We’re so excited about seeing everyone, and we want to make your visit as safe as possible!
Clearly shopping as we know it has changed, and will probably continue to do so. With that in mind visiting Hillside will be different, but with your help and understanding it’ll be no less enjoyable.
🌿Please read all new guidelines listed below in full before visiting Hillside Nursery Centre. We may update this list at our discretion in the coming weeks.🌿
* There is now a guided one way system inside the centre. Please follow floor markings and signage throughout. This will help the flow of shopping, and allow everyone to remain at a safe distance to each other.
* Social distancing rules mean we will be putting a limit on the numbers of customers allowed in the shop at any one time - once we hit that limit, there will be a queue outside at the entrance. Social distancing rules will apply in the queue, and will be strictly enforced.
* We ask that no more than 2 people per household visit Hillside at any one time.
* Inside the main shop & garden shop we have fantastic displays of furniture, BBQs, gardening accessories, lighting, homeware, houseplants, as well as many other seasonal and useful items. Where possible we ask that you please not handle any products that you don’t intend to purchase.
* If you need any gardening advice or help with a product, our staff will be more than happy to assist. Please remember social distancing applies to them too, so give them enough space to help you properly.
* When paying for your goods there is now an updated system that includes more room at the tills. However this cannot mean groups are allowed - Please stay alert to social distancing towards our staff and other customers around you.
* Our pickup/collection point will not be available until further notice, and our staff will not be able to bring any items out to your vehicles.
* Our Non Contact delivery service is still available.
* The toilets will remain closed - please be aware of this and understand it is for maximum safety to everyone here.
* When exiting Hillside please follow the guided path to ensure entrance/exit groups are not put at any inconvenience or harm.
* The Coffee Shop at Hillside remains closed until further notice.
* Abusive/intimidating behaviour towards staff will not be tolerated.
* Per government advice our staff will be wearing protective gear, and we would like you to note that it is recommended to wear a mask when visiting retail shops and supermarkets.
* Any customers arriving to visit Maidenhead Aquatics can no longer access them through our shop - please follow their signage and social distancing as you arrive and exit their side of the building.
* Please do not venture out anywhere if you are feeling ill, have a temperature, are showing any COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone who has.
ALL our rules are non-negotiable. We have put them in place to protect you, your families and our staff. We may add new guidance as we learn to improve matters. For the safety of everyone, we all MUST follow them.
No Sales Persons/Agents allowed without a prearranged appointment.